At Natures Nest Warkworth we are committed to modeling best practice in sustainability and accept the role education plays in developing sustainable behaviour.
Our children are our future. Being sustainable is to consider the tomorrows in today’s action for the health and wellbeing of the earth and its children.
Our Goal – To raise children in a natural healthy environment.
- Our outdoor play space is a living classroom, representative of the qualities of the living, natural world.
- We use toxic free cleaning products.
- Our natural playscape is managed organically free of harmful sprays.
Our Goal – To use resources responsibly and sustainably.
- We aim to source consumerable supplies from environmentally responsible organisations.
- Where possible products are sourced locally, through fair trade, organic in origin, energy efficient and built to last the distance.
- Resources are reused, recycled, or composted.
Our Goal – To raise Kaitiakitanga (earth guardians) of the future.
- We engage children in play and learning which develops a love for the earth through meaningful, empowering, responsible practices. Daily the young child is supported through our environment of worm farms, organic gardens, orchard, native bird forest and nature playscape.
- We promote and celebrate opportunities on the green calendar. For example world earth day, green hour, clean up NZ, conservation week.
- Management, Staff, and Children participate in regular self audits of our processes, programme and systems in order to minimize, reduce or manage our environmental impact.
- We recognise that every little bit makes a difference.
33 Glenmore Drive
(off Woodcocks Rd)
Ph: 09 425 0511